Friday, June 16, 2017

PENDING NOVEL COMPLETION

Greetings, lovely readers! I hope you have enjoyed A Fine Gold Chain thus far; I've sincerely enjoyed writing it. However, I've made a goal to finish and edit my first novel by the end of 2017, and while I would love to carry both Tamsin and Amelia on their journeys at the same time, I simply can't do so without sacrificing quality in both stories. So I've made the decision to put A Fine Gold Chain on hiatus for the rest of the year, and focus on my novel.

A Fine Gold Chain will also undergo a few major changes, including a title change when it starts back up. I'll keep you updated as the new relaunch date approaches. Until then, my fondest hopes for your continued health and happiness. I remain, as always, Your Absentminded Author.

2 comments:

  1. Generally a good decision, to have a primary goal and focus on it. I have a suggestion for you to consider, based on over half a century of writing: There will be times, sometimes a week at a stretch or more, that you will be unable to bear thinking about your novel. It helps to have a "B" project ready to hand, something like FGC, to work on, sort of a mental vacation that will allow you to return to the novel fresh and enthusiastic. Sure, put it aside and focus on the main goal, but don't let the fire go out. It will save you from burnout time and time again.

    One other thing to leave you with: Don't forget to have the fun. So many young writers get hung up on the daily word count, the quest for publication, the critiques and comments of others, that they forget to enjoy the journey. You may or may not become the next big celebrity author, but you will always have the experience; make sure it's a good one!

    Best of luck, in any case. I hope you go far, and enjoy the ride, wherever it takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I'm afraid of getting lost in the stories so that I can't finish either one. I will probably take this story back up. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete